SD#60’s Summer Institute for mathematics is on the horizon! Math Camp 2012 will be held here in Fort St John August 29 (focusing on grades 3-5), August 30 (focusing on K-2) and August 31 (focusing on 6-8). It is a great opportunity to start thinking about mathematics for the fall and to get set for the new school year. Yes, I know we are still wrapping up this school year, but one needs to be forward-thinking, don’t you agree 🙂
I hope you have the chance to join us for one of the sessions in August. Those who have attended SD#60’s Summer Institutes in the past will tell you it’s a great way to start the school year. In fact, I humbly offer these comments taken from the ‘Feedback & Reflections’ sheet participants filled out last year:
- “It was awesome! 3 times I’ve participated. 3 times I learned more than I ever learned in my entire math life previously.” (T.F.)
- “Every senior math teacher needs these strategies!” (S.B.)
- “I really enjoyed the hands-on work with the manipulatives. It made it easy to see how that would work with students.” (M.D.)
- “This was fabulous! I loved everything. I am not super-comfortable with math and this made me feel much better.” (S.R.)
- “Carollee, you are shifting paradigms that I thought were rooted in concrete! I love it! I like math more all the time!” (S.S.)
There you have it! You will be missing out in a big way if you don’t join us for Math Camp 2012!